Monday, June 26, 2006


Weekend!!!

I cursed myself for sleeping all the time... Hence I decided to go to odyssey hoping to spend my time usefully!!! (atleast by staring at those unbought books!!) i happened to see this book "The joy of laziness" ;-) It had some facts like how being lazy reduces heart problems and helps you live a longer life!!! I was so tempted to buy it... but something in me screeeeeeeeamed... "you don't have to justify ur laziness meena!! u know damn well that its wrong!!! what is the use of living longer if u are wasting ur life out of laziness???!!!!! @#$%&" well... it sounded reasonable. Had to listen to that part of me. Still couldn't resist buying a book... finally bought "The Alchemist" - Paulo Coelho. Have read this excellent book b4 (thanks to my friend who lent it to me)... Now i'm a proud owner of it!!!

2 comments:

Kirubakaran A said...

A simple solution: Blame the traits you would love to lose on parents. This has worked for everyone from ancient Dravidian civilization to Britney Spears.

Related enjoyable read:
Idle thoughts of an idle fellow
[Jerome K. Jerome]

Anonymous said...

just read it! this one! found it nice. i hear all the time from folks i sleep more i sleep more. do i?
working from 4 pm till 10/11 am in the morning. NO, I DONT WORK IN TECH SUPPORT. but i am one involved with Voice over IP that is make calls over net, yeah i am somewhat into that technology development, which is the key factor in these call center design, so i have to get help from my online friends who log online to chat client like IRC and discuss the strategy. me: "it works, so its right" they: "you, f%#*ing idiot! it doesnt work unless its dead right; N th time read my lips, RTFM"
i go look the *nix/Linux manual in sad sigh hopes looking for some ray of light. may be someday i will also sleep like an ordinary human being, where i wont have to catch up with the technology and race against the pace of light, by grabbing someone from 02/07/2007 from the silicon valley as sun shines in east and warms up the west. not west crazy, but if technology is the driving force? yes west rules. and someday i will also sleep like a normal guy not psyched out with the fear that someone from FAR WEST has cutting edge weapon of development than mine, that day onwards i will also sleep at 12 midnight and wake up at 6 in the morning.
could have purchased from mount road's higginbotham "the wire" if you like adventure type books, nail biting and finishing one book a day. i had that with novel and now i am cut short that habit to more of tech books than novel.
some anonymous bloke! my 0.02 cents!